Sunday, October 26, 2008

Amazing Race: Watch Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com

Amazing Race: Watch Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com

The Amazing Race is one of the few television shows I find the time for. As my house has the best reception in the family, my regular "groupies" make the pilgrimage each week for my Race parties. Nothing extravagant, really. A simple dinner and I try to have an activity to keep Rebecca occupied and entertained while her parents watch the show. For those of you who wonder, Dave, my brother-in-law tapes the show so I can watch it after they go. Tonight, we made pumpkin shaped mini-cakes, then decorated them.

As the theme music builds, excitement and adrenaline start pumping in my veins. When each team is flashed on the screen during the opening credits, we will either pause or scream, "OUT" as loud as we can to "honor" those who have fallen at the end of previous episodes. We mourn those we liked, but lost and cheer those we didn't care for, but are still in. This season, we especially like mocking the dumb blond ladies who just can't seem to read their clues. Sometimes I wonder how they were ever approved for the show, but then remember a certain demographic (not gay men, mind you) are interested in watching pretty blonds run about, even if they lack intelligence. Too bad many decisions are made based on what it will do to the ratings.

I found this link (above) to watch a clip and join the shows fan club. I haven't yet, but will. I love the Amazing Race because it takes me to places I'll never visit. For other places, I'm curious to see what it looks like, but am really glad to not be there personally (like all the places with snakes) . My family may not approve, but if you are a cute boy who wants to come over for my Race parties, please do. The more the merrier.

0 comments: