Sunday, March 8, 2009

Winter, winter...


From these pictures, it is hard to believe Peter Cottontail is fluffing up his tail and getting ready for his big hop. This March storm came in just long enough to clutter up the morning commute and dumping a couple of inches; most of which landed on my front stairs.

The pictures don't really give it justice, but every branch and twig from the surrounding trees and bushes was covered with a delicate layer of snow. It was truly beautiful. The wonderful thing about March snow storms is they don't last very long and the snow melts quickly. Case in point, I was thrilled when I returned home that night to see my stairs clear without my having to shovel them. YEA!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be another spring storm. At last watch of the local news report (KSL, not those other amateur channels), the clouds and accompanying cold front were on the Utah/Idaho boarder with snow already starting in Logan and rain in Wendover. Yup, it should hit during the night just in time to clutter up another commute. And considering tomorrow will be the first commute since Daylight savings time kicked in, I'd better leave plenty early to allow time for the extra high number of "Grumpy Gerts" on the road. I'd say something about them being a menace, but I'm afraid I'm probably one of them. When some goof cuts me off, I'll just calm myself by thinking back on how beautiful the snow covered twigs and branches looked (truly one of my favorite sights), then cuss her out like a sailor in heat.

0 comments: