Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bring them In From The Plains...

This is something I hope everyone, but especially my family, will watch and take to heart. I grew up hearing stories of the Martin and Willie Handcart Company and how some of my relatives were rescued. The journey that caught them in such dire straights and the journey to rescue them in very harrowing conditions both took tremendous faith; something I can't claim to have ever had. The rescuers were safe and comfortable in their Salt Lake homes, but courage and faith compelled them out into the storms to help people they didn't even know. Some would not return as they helped others survive.

This story beautifully intertwines that story of courage and bravery and faith with that of many modern saints and pioneers. Will you be the one to leave your safe, comfortable home to help them? How many could have been saved?

How many can still be saved?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish everybody could watch this video with an open heart and mind. I had a friend who could be listed at the end of it.